Updated: Aug 13, 2020
On Saturday, 8 August 2020, members of the Rivonia Kendo Club will be meeting at a park to do some training with each other in the open park with fresh air!
Strict safety measures will still be in place and it will be the responsibility of each member to ensure they comply with ALL the requirements. Requirements will be as follows:
1. Each member to check that they display no symptoms of COVID-19. If you do, please do not attend.
2. Complete the ONLINE questionnaire to assess that they are COVID-19 safe!
3. Bring the following to training: Masks, Sanitizers, Sun Hat, Sun Screen lotion, Sweat Towel, Water and/or non-alcoholic drinks.
4. Park your car by the side of the street by the park. Look out for the RKC banners to demarcate where the parking spaces are and where we will be training.
5. Report to the SAFETY STATION between 9am and 9:25am to be screened before training. Your temperature will be taken and the online questionnaire will be reviewed.
6. Training will start promptly at 9:30am.
1. Social distancing to be exercised at all times during training.
2. Masks are to be worn at all times.
3. Have your water / drink nearby as we will take an occasional break to rest and recover.
4. If you feel ill during the session, please inform the instructor and proceed back to your car with your belongings.
Unfortunately, social gatherings are prohibited during Level 3 of the lock-down. Therefore, as soon as the lesson is done, we are to disperse as soon as possible.
NOTE: THIS IS A "BY INVITATION" SESSION ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANYONE ELSE ALONG WITH YOU, UNLESS PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS HAD BEEN MADE WITH THE ORGANIZERS!
The location of the park will be sent to each approved participant by Friday, 7 Aug 2020!
Looking forward to our session in the park very soon!
In case you don;t know it by now, the Rivonia Kendo Club (RKC) is a Johannesburg-based dojo in South Africa trat practises the traditional Japanese martial arts of Kendo (the way of the sword), Iaido (the way of drawing and cutting with the sword) and (eventually) Jodo (the way of the short stick).
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic and the the subsequent national lock-down in our country, most of our training is done online! However, we are back with LIVE training sessions back at our dojo at the Rivonia Sports Club! For now, we practise at the dojo once a week in Kendo (Mondays) and Iaido (Thursdays). The rest of our sessions are conducted online! To see or latest training schedule, please go to this link: https://www.rivoniakendo.co.za/schedule-and-booking
#rivoniakendo #rivoniaiaido #kendo #kendoinafrica #kendokids #lovekendo #kendoislife #kendolife #sakf #focus #family #fun #southafrica #kōkenchiai #交剣知愛 #剣道 #Kumdo #侍 #SamuraIExperience #運動 #MartialArts #日本 #Japan #iaido #jodo